Redkite is the Australian cancer charity providing essential support to children and young people (0–24 years) with cancer, and their families and support networks. Their support starts from diagnosis, throughout treatment and after treatment ends and includes:
- Financial assistance to cover essential costs
- Information, counselling and group support
- Support to keep education and career goals on track
- Support through grief and loss
- Diagnosis support packs for children and young adults
- Support in hospital through social workers and music therapists
Every child and young person’s experience of cancer is unique. To give a child or young person the best chance of managing the cancer journey positively, the whole family and each individual needs to be supported to manage their unique cancer experience. By alleviating the financial and emotional stress and enabling children, young people, families and their support networks to develop their strengths and skills, Redkite assists the whole family to achieve positive results. See the stories below and learn about how Redkite initiatives have impacted and helped these families.
Jodi and Trystan's Story
If you'd like to support Redkite, you can do so by purchasing a ticket to the 2018 Sydney Colour Ball, or simply making a donation.
If making a donation only, proceed to 'get tickets' and choose donation option instead.